Friday, July 24, 2009

The Brilliant Tim Walker


I am so excited for my very first post on 'love, jolie' and in honour of that I wanted to pay tribute to an incredibly talented artist, Tim Walker!

Each photo is staged like a timeless film and invents a story in the viewer's mind in an instant. He was once Richard Avedon's assistant and it shows - he learned from the best!


I am so in love with the surreal and unexpected aspects of his photos. Aren't the over-sized pearls fantastic?

Stunning!

And of course it only makes sense that Him and Tim Burton have worked together. This spread was based on Roald Dahl's short story collection "Tales of the Unexpected." As a child nothing thrilled me more than diving into a Roald Dahl book. I think I read The Witches eight times. I would love to see this editorial turned into a movie! How wonderful would that be?

{for more on Tim Walker visit: www.timwalkerphotography.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails