Monday, August 10, 2009

A Weekend of Rock & Rain


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! The days were misty here and I spent the stormy nights at some awe inspiring live shows.

Je t'aime!
Last night was Lykke Li at Sound Academy and she rocked it out! She already had my heart but after that performance she is my new obsession. Her stage presence is magnetic and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Her hip-hop influence shines through (especially considering she did a wicked cover of Lil' Wayne's "A Milli") and the electro-pop magic of her high energy hits had the entire crowd dancing. Lykke was born to be on stage and brings completely different elements to her songs live than what you hear on her album. If you can catch one of her shows, I highly recommend it!


New Lykke Li ~ Enjoy!


Dance, Dance, Dance ::: Fantastic!



Sweet St. Vincent
Brooklyn's own St. Vincent at The Horseshoe Tavern was a show not to be missed. Annie Clark's impressive guitar playing and vocals enveloped the space and her band's woodwinds and drums made for perfectly woven sounds that are beautifully melodic. Her newest album 'Actor' was inspired by her favourite movies and has an in depth, cinematic feel that leaves you feeling like you took a journey along the yellow brick road.

{all images and video by Jolie Adele}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails